Saturday 12 March 2011

Still don't know

I still don't know what to wear for our dressing up day. It has to be something obvious. Robin Hood? A cat might be good.

The river is chattering away today, and little irises are coming up in the garden. There are buds everywhere. It's waking up.

Before I go on, I have to confess. I was only going to have a coffee before shopping in Marks's today, but in a terrible moment of weakness I had carrot cake with it. And in Lent, too. I really, honestly, won't do it again.

Next time I'll try the almond croissant.

I've just been clearing a lot of space on the sitting room floor to make room for about ten yards of tulle (net sort of stuff), which Lady Sunshine and I are are cutting out to make little bags for wedding favours. At least, I've been cutting out, she's been addressing invites and eating Marmite crisps. She loves Marmite and Lovely Older Son hates it, so I'm most impressed that they've stayed together. Love conquers all, even Marmite. (American readers - it's yeast extract, I think it's similar to Vegemite. Love it or hate it.)

One more thing. I you've fallen out with anyone, make it up. Don't put it off. If you've lost touch with somebody, an old friend or relation, send them a card, or e-mail them. Don't leave things unsaid. More of this next time.

2 comments:

Rina said...

As for dressing up... I've had success with being a butterfly, though the wings required a lot of wire bent into shape.
Robin Hood sounds fun though, too.

margaret mcallister said...

That's a very nice idea, but doesn't take a lot of work? You must have been a lovely butterfly! I've gone off Robin Hood a bit, but I did see a long green sweater in a charity shop, so it's still a possible.