Thursday 17 March 2011

piracy

Well, shiver me handbag, ruffle me feathers, run up me curtains, what a morning. People are fantastically generous and we raised over ninety pounds this morning for RND, just a our toddler group. We told a piratical version of Jonah and the Whale. Children arrived as fairies, Noddy, cowboys, nurses, dinosaurs and a bumble bee.

The pirate queen has to do it all again with a slightly older age group tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, it's exhausting being a pirate. Her Piratical Majesty needs a quiet half hour and a cup of tea.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I finished reading The Octave of Angels and Hold My Hand and Run. I enjoyed both books very much.

Kazy is a great character. I kept whispering in her ear to Hurry, Don't trust that one, Don't go there and such! I loved the ending.

Debbie

margaret mcallister said...

Thank you, Debbie! Kazy is very close to my heart. I wanted it to be what I call a 'no, no, don't!' story, the kind that makes you want to get involved, so your comment was the nicest thing anyone could say!