Friday 13 May 2011

wet wet wet

At last I can get back on to the blog - the host was down for a while. We've had rain on and off for the last two weeks, and the garden is thriving.

Briefly it's dry, mostly it drizzles, and sometimes it absolutely sluices. By the time I got home from toddler group yesterday I was soaked from the knees down, as my very pretty new raincoat only goes that far. Unfortunately I had the wrong shoes on, so I was squelching. Just time to change before going out again to spend the afternoon in the company of a small child and a rabbit - until the rain stopped and I took the child out in her pushchair (without the rabbit). I got her back home safe and dry, but by the time I got myself home it was pouring again.

By the end of the day I was in need of a long soak in a hot bath. Now, I'm not a great one for anything cosmetic-ish. I don't often wear make-up, my hair has never had a colour put on it, and it must be thirty years since I last wore nail varnish. I do like perfume but it has to be animal friendly.

Lately I was delighted to find out that my favourite perfume is now available in a shop not far away! It's made by a small ethical Scottish company called Arran Aromatics, and at one time you couldn't get it anywhere south of the Tyne. When I found it for sale locally I treated myself to one of those little packs of small sized soap, bath gel, and so on. I thought lovingly of it as I was running the bath yesterday, and tipped some of that precious, fragrant bubbly staff into the water. Heaven.

I haven't yet told you what it's called. It's 'After the Rain'!

No comments: