Thursday 8 July 2010

this week

A very full week, this one, writing furiously, but I can't yet tell you what about. I took Tuesday off to take my newly graduated godson to lunch in York. It could have started off catastrophically as I texted to suggest meeting by the flower stall York station. I got there first to discover that every trace of the flower stall has gone. Not a petal, not a leaf, not a black bucket or a bit of cellophane in sight. So then I texted him to say 'meet at WH Smith' forgetting that there are two of those. (Who needs two Smithses on a station?) However, we found each other and ate in the sunny garden of the Bar Convent cafe before a meander round the beautiful city. Having broken both legs at different times in the past, leaving him with a hole in one of them, it's very good to be able to meander anywhere with the lad.

I had a little phone chat with some of the younger godchildren today, concluding with the three year old. After some fascinating insights, I tried to round off the conversation -

- I'm going to make some tea now. Are you going to have some tea?

- I hungry.

- Then you'd better have some tea.

- My tummy's gone dark.

- Your tummy's gone dark! It must be very empty!

- (giggles)

- are you going to say bye-bye?

- Bye bye I love you! (giggles blows kisses can be heard in the distance requiring tea)

Bye bye from the house of stories and I hope your tummies haven't gone dark.

No comments: