Wednesday 25 March 2009

yawn

Whenever I'm not quite well, I get sleepy, which I suppose is my body's way of telling me to sleep myself better. Even for self-employed people, that isn't always an option. I'm not ill, I just have a little throat infection or something, but I know if I sit down for too long I'll zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Are you still there? Doesn't help that what I've been doing today has been a bit boring. A lot of what writers do is re-typing and reworking and tweaking about with something that still isn't quite right, and that's what I've been doing all week. And then there's 'if this story bores me, what's it doing to the reader', but it's not the story that bores me, it's all the typing, deleting, changing, and then realising that, just when you thought the jigsaw pieces fitted together, page 59 contradicts page 13. And I inadvertently deleted about five pages on Monday.

At five o'clock the phone rang and I had a fascinating conversation with Very Small God-daughter who told me a lovely story. I didn't understand a lot of it, but it began with Hello Margi and ended with Bump. It has been the most exciting thing to happen to me today.

If anyone knows how to stay awake while compelled to keep silent and still in a warm room for a long time while tired, please te...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've been known to fall asleep mid-sentence so I'm not a lot of use here!
Happy napping. It so often is the answer.