Saturday 14 March 2009

Comic Relief

I'm proud to say that I have been working my little bottom off for comic relief and people have been inspiringly generous. Today I just have to inform some of the winners of the competition, the ones I couldn't get hold of yesterday, and put away the cow costume (after school club yesterday) and the fairy costume (quiz last night). All credit to The Lassie, who baked very pretty biscuits which sold out in ten minutes, and lent me her fairy wings for the evening. I regard myself as a minor heroine for going to the quiz last night to pass the hat when I could have been home watching Comic Relief on TV. I hope God is impressed. All right, so my lovely husband recorded it. But it's not the same, is it?

One of the lovely things was the sense of shared vision - wherever you went, people were doing Something Funny for Money. Vision, hard work, fun, and love. Changing lives. What a thing to be part of.

No comments: