Tuesday 14 October 2008

Urchin and the Raven War!

What a day!  Urchin and the Raven War, the fourth Mistmantle, is published in the US today.  This one isn't coming out in the UK (nothing to do with me!)  but it's obtainable here by all the usual on-line routes.  If you don't like ordering on-line, ask your local bookshop to order it for you.   There's something exciting about a publication day, even if it's happening a long way away.   

I am fighting back from a migraine, and so didn't feel up to reading anything demanding today.  Instead, I dipped into the pile of books waiting to be read and took out a Henry Brewis, for his accounts of life in rural Northumberland as seen by a surly peasant farmer with flat cap, foul weather, and an ingrained contempt for sheep.   Before I opened it,  the cartoon on the front was making me giggle, and a giggle in a migraine is a rare thing.

Read Henry Brewis.  Read Urchin and the Raven War.  Not necessarily in that order.

No comments: