Monday 19 May 2014

Apple

What a day that was!

She of the Stories and her Tony have been away this weekend for a wedding and it weren't just any old wedding, it were their Lovely Youngest Son and The Lassie. Ooh, it were wonderful. The sun shone. Those two young'uns didn't stop smiling all day.

The girls were all beautiful and the boys, ooh, if I were younger and they were squirrels I would have gone after one myself. Somebody's mum made a cake with a Lego bride and groom on the top, and Margi's sister did the prettiest ever flowers in spite of 'er getting in the way and trying to help. Nice witty speeches and not too long, and ooh, there was a fair few tissues needed when the bride's father said his bit. That food were delicious and plenty of it and there was a lot of turquoise and white about.

What a lovely job they did with them tables. It was all about... oh, you tell 'em, Padra.

- Certainly. Each table was something to do with a favourite book, so there was a quote and a symbol of the book on each one. All quotes about love. The Pride and Prejudice table was Mr Darcy talking about not knowing exactly when he first fell in love with Elizabeth, and Margi made a little Elizabeth Bennet doll. For the Discworld table it was 'what is written in the heart cannot be changed', and they put a little turtle beside it.

- Go on, tell them about Table One

- Oh - well, it was very sweet of them and rather funny. Table One was about the book she wrote about us and the battle for Mistmantle when Crispin became king. The quote was my proposal to Arran, which wasn't romantic at all. (She hit me. I always said she would.) And there was a little wooden squirrel, quite a pale one, so I suppose that would be Urchin.

- and there were a lot of dancing, too. I had to hold me hat on. Speaking of hats, you should have seen the mother of the groom. A dress like a flower meadow and a hat like a poppy. It's a wonder she didn't get stuck in a vase and sprayed with water.

I love weddings, me. And what a lovely couple. She of the Stories is delighted. Off you go, my dears, and change the world.



No comments: