Friday 28 February 2014

Much

I was sitting outside int' sunshine t'other day with me mates. Int' sunshine, like I said. Call that a winter? That were a rubbish winter, that. Not enough snow for snowball, let alone a fight. All we've 'ad is wet, them ducks think it's 'eaven. Still, a couple of year ago we 'ad a mild winter and a right good snowfall come Easter time, so we ain't out of t'woods yet.

Like I said, I were sitting with me mates, because we've got a right good gathering of old timers getting together ont rockery these days, and along comes Mavis the Tooth Fairy (Retired) for a chat. 'Er's coming down to the village next week, she says. 'Er's coming to see some of 'er old mates. Bout time too, I said. And will 'Er Ladyship spare a little of 'er precious time to come over 'ere?

I think she might, says Mavis. She would like to see the garden again.

Oh, would 'er, I says? Wouldn't like to see me again, would 'er?

Oh, yes, Mr Much, she says, and of course she would like to see you. She was asking after you and your snail.

Well, 'er may as well come. There still ain't nobody living int 'ouse. Somebody comes to check things over and Stephen still turns up for a chat and a bit of gardening, but we got nobody int' ouse, and such a grand 'ouse, too. Anybody want it?

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Oh, I'd love that grand old house--but it's a bit far from Texas, I'm afraid! My love to Much and the snail! Have a happy visit, Mrs. McAllister!

margaret mcallister said...

I just hope somebody goes there who will love it and enjoy it as much as we did, and give Much his due respect! And feed the ducks, of course.