Monday 8 October 2012

Adventure

Last night I couldn't find my little pot of moisturiser. I don't like going to bed without whacking it on first because as a face like this needs all the help it can get, so I hunted around, and eventually lay flat on the floor and looked under the bed.

It's one of those beds with drawers underneath, so there's not much room under there. I couldn't get my arm under, but I could see there was something in there, so I fished about with a wire coathanger. After a thorough scavenge I'd found

one pair of reading glasses
a packet of emery boards
a small teddy bear.

The teddy ber is called Little, because he is. He wears a tiny crocheted jacket and hat, and I bought him many years ago in Pickering so that Hamilton would have a a small bear friend. We soon found that Little, though he got on very well with Hamilton, would not be content to sit beside him all day. He was an adventurous bear. We kept finding him on the tops of bookshelves, on the mantelpiece, on the sideboard, and (frequently) down the back of the settee. He sometimes wears a mountaineering rope, or an Ewok costume.

So it wasn't surprising to find him under the bed. LYS did wonder why he wanted the emery boards. Perhaps he wanted to build bridges, or use them as snow shoes in case he had to cross a smooth surface. I don't have a clue about the glasses, LYS wondereed if he'd been using them as a sledge. Maybe he just thought they were exciting.

The moisturiser turned up in my handbag. Haven't a clue how it got there.

No comments: