Saturday 19 May 2012

Ouch

This is about how you can be an author, have lots of lovely friends, and live in a beautiful place, and still be so clumsy you shouldn't be allowed out without adult supervision and a qualified first aider.  It was the end of playgroup on Thursday, time for all the toys to be packed in their boxes and put in the cupboard.

The cupboard, it should be said,  is nowhere near big enough, but when The Lassie helped with that group she worked out an amazing method for getting everything in.  If you do it her way, it works.  If not, you have to slam the doors hard and jam a table in front of them.  It was very brave of The Lassie to do it at all, as she's not good on spiders and that cupboard has tribes of them.

So, I just pushed a box into place, straightened up, and whacked my head on the shelf above.  No excuses.  The shelf has been there for years, it hasn't moved, it wasn't out to get me.  All through my after playgroup coffee I could feel the contours on my head changing...

I still have a colourful bump, but that was two days ago and I haven't had any danger signs - no blurred vision, dizziness, or purple dragons talking to me.  This week I won't be there, the next is half term - plenty of time for me to forget about the shelf and do it all over again when I get back.

I haven't told you about The Archers for a long time, and it's hotting up something smashing.  Adam regained consciousness after being run down by thieves stealing farm machinery, and has gone home.  Arrests have been made, but David has received threatening phone calls.  Lynda Snell is getting into a whatnot about Britain in Bloom, and urging Adam and Tom to smarten up their gardens.  As Adam is still unwell and  Tom is running at least two businesses, this is unwelcome.  Amy has fallen out with her stepmother (long story).

And there goes the purple dragon!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Ooh, a purple dragon! All I ever get is a red-eyed weasel. Those bumps-on-the-head are never very fruitful for me.

Elinor said...

I think all my bumps on the head cancelled each other out.

margaret mcallister said...

Still hurts. Elinor, they haven't done you any harm, and neither has the red-eyed weasel.