Monday 26 March 2012

Much

We're getting baking 'ot sun these days. Them little birds is all twit-twittering on, in and out the 'edges, looking for nest stuff. Bless 'em. No doubt we'll 'ave a cold spell and they'll all get per-noo-monia.

'Owever, as I may 'ave mentioned, we got sunshine now. 'Er was out yesterday, pulling them weeds out, admiring all them plants she and our Stephen put in last year. 'Er reckons something's eating 'er forget-me-nots. Forget-me-nots? What forget-me-nots? It aint a case of forgottings or nots, I never knew we 'ad em in first place.

'Keep any eye on them for me, Much,', she says. I were about to tell 'er that I couldn't keep an eye on nowt if I couldn't see it, then without a word of warning she's picked me up and turned me round. Blimey, there it was, smashing little forget-me-not. Shouldn't be out for about another three weeks, but there you go. Nice change of view. They've made a nice job of that border.

Tell you what, though, every time we get picked up, there's a load of little wriggly woodlice and whatnots running around underneath us, and they get very lively. It don't bother me, but me snail reckons they tickle 'im. Not that he minds. He likes it. He don't get much enterainment, that snail, and getting tickled by a woodlouse is the most exciting thing that's happened to 'im since the Teddy Bear's Picnic.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the Teddy Bear Picnic! When I taught kindergarten we had one each year.

Our class had a teddy bear called Brown Bear (not very original, I know). I made a book for Brown Bear filled with empty pages, so the children and their parents could draw and write Brown Bears story. Each child in turn would take Brown Bear and his book home for a weekend. Brown Bear rode in airplanes, ate Chinese food, and took baths in washing machines. He went to funerals, weddings, and birthday parties. He had so many adventures!!

Brown Bear's book was the children's favorite book for me to read. Unfortunately, I think it was after about eight years of these weekend visits, Brown Bear wandered off and went missing!

As Brown Bear was quite adventurous, I wondered if perhaps you might have seen an American Bear at one of your Teddy Bear Picnics????

margaret mcallister said...

I asked Hamilton, who knows about all sorts of bears. (I didn't understand this until my arctophile friend Judith explained that some bears are naturally Tedepathic and know what's going on in the bear world.

Hamilton and his friends haven't received any distress call from Brown Bear, so he must be all right. Hamilton says that he may be having another adventure.

We are having an Open Garden event in June, so Hamilton and friends are greatly looking forward to another Teddy Bear's Picnic.