Saturday 21 January 2012

Hugo

This is going to be a brief post, because as soon as I've finished it I'm going to gulp down a migraine tablet. (I know you're there, you evil little migraine. You've just slipped in when nobody was looking. Now you're sitting in your favourite chair just above my right eye and you're going to start swinging your feet and tipping your seat back - but all it takes is one teeny tablet and you're nothing.)

Anyway, Tony and I went to see 'Hugo' at the local cinema today and it was so, so watchable. Magical, moving, exciting, funny, and full of love and charm. Above all, it was so beautifully filmed - every scene was a set piece in Paris of - I think - the late 1920s, give or take a year or two. If you haven't seen it, look out for it. I gather the book is stunning, too.

No comments: