Thursday 23 June 2011

what's that?

I'm still finding strange things in my handbag. Nothing crawling, I hasten to add, or trying to get out. Nothing with legs. But there's still confetti everywhere, I just found a pair of scissors, and the packet of safety pins has been opened. There, you see, I said we'd need those. On the other hand, the various pills for sore throats, aches, pains, and funny tummies weren't needed - but they would have been if I hadn't popped them in with the phone, camera, keys, hand gel, tissues (those were needed), pen, little notebook, diary, hairbrush, and comb. And the hangy up things.

I think they're some sort of hangy up things. They were still in an unopened cellophane packet, and looked like plastic hooks. I wonder if they were something to do with the sparkly lights we hung up. If so, we managed without them.

What's the strangest thing you ever found in your handbag or pocket?

5 comments:

Rina said...

The remains of oak leaves that I caught falling from the trees in the fall. Yes, really. My friends and I make wishes on them... just for fun... and they are such great fun to catch.

Kaitlin said...

Hmm...In my pocket, probably peppers. As a little girl, I would rip handfuls of shiny, crimson chilies from the plant in our backyard...and then stuff them in my pockets. Poor Mom; she'd find them in pulverized bits after washing my overalls (pockets are useful, but I always forget and leave things in them!)...
Once, my dad found a lizard in his pocket...and a dear friend of ours had a pet squirrel, who snuggled in the man's shirt pocket. He wasn't from Mistmantle; just a very sleepy, very cuddly little American squirrel.

Grace said...

I keep ketchup in there for my daughter Grace. :o)

San said...

An oatmeal cookie. I'd brought it to school to eat, forgot about it, and left it in there...

margaret mcallister said...

Wishes on oak leaves? I love that. I often pick up fir cones when I'm out. Kaitlin, peppers? Didn't they burn your hands? And a lizard in your pocket is almost as good as a toad in your trainer.

I kept some strange things in my handbag when the kids were small - biscuits, fruit, little chocolate mice - , but I don't recall ketchup ever being in there. However, we always had stacks of it in the cupboard, especially as LOS had a friend who ate it with literally everything. (He is now a primary school teacher, so that's what happens to people who eat a lot of ketchup.)

Santan - is it still there? If so, be very afraid...