Tuesday 21 June 2011

music!

The Sunshines chose 'Gabriel's Oboe' from 'The Mission' for the entrance, and and left to 'Accidentally in Love', from 'Shrek'. No, they're not ogres, they just love that song, and everyone began to clap - though I couldn't, because I was sailing out of church on the arm of Lady S's brother. We had some great hymns and worship songs, including my favourite 'Be Thou My Vision', which is in the opening pages of Urchin and the Heartstone. During the signing of the register, Daughter played the flute, beautifully, as ever.

At the reception various people sang, played, and recited, but the one that thrilled us all was when Lady S's brother, his wife, and their two small children (flower girl and ringbearer) stood up and sang. It was all completely simple and unaffected and the children hadn't sung in public before, but they looked confident and sang tunefully and clearly. The memory of that happy little family will stay with me for a long time.

2 comments:

San said...

Congratulations and warmest regards to your sunshiney son and his sunshiney wife! :) I'm sure they'll have a wonderful life together.

Take care!

margaret mcallister said...

Thank you - I'll pass that on to them!