Friday 4 February 2011

blown away

Wind and rain buffeting along the valley like a lot of rowdy drunks. The river is twice its normal size and the ducks are not pleased. There are seagulls over the river today and we're nowhere near the sea. The weather at the coast has to be appalling to make them fly this far inland.

On days like this on Mistmantle, the moles grumble, head for their tunnels, and stay there. Hedgehogs valiantly get on with things, but seek shelter at the first possible moment. Squirrels don't much mind, and the otters, bless them, love it.

I had to do a bit of shopping this morning, and was just about home when the wind decided I really shouldn't go home, I should go next door instead, and almost lifted me off my feet. If Tony hadn't come out to meet me I would have been airborne by now, sailing over York like Mary Poppins.

So here are some of the other things that have 'blown me away' lately -

- the beauty of the Candlemas story, Mary and Joseph bringing their baby to the temple, and old Simeon and Anna who recognised the light of the world when they saw him -

- the Golden Child whizzing about in the baby walker

- and all the lovely e-mails and letters I've been getting from readers lately. I don't want to sound soppy, but they really do touch my heart. Thank you. Sometimes, they make me cry, but the right sort of crying. If you're waiting for a reply, it will be done very shortly, I'm working my way through!

So - what's blown you away today? Anybody?

4 comments:

Grace said...

That my bunny is turning 4!!!!! He is probobly old in bunny years but he's still my little baby!

margaret mcallister said...

Hope he had a happy bunday, and a chance to play on the computer for a treat!

m x

Grace said...

Thank you. He got a Fruit Loop and I think he got on, because my screen saver was him in a bikini. It was horrifying!!! And why is he in a bikini... he is a boy! This is creeping me out. What does Fluffy do on the computer. Well actually I dont want to know.

Have a nice day!
Grace

margaret mcallister said...

Fluffy, the bunnykini is a serious fashion mistake