Saturday 29 January 2011

Various

Frost this morning, all the way down to the river. Snowdrops are out. Laughs and smiles from Golden Girl when she saw me again yesterday.

I've spent few days doing lots of writing and reading at Gladstone's Library in Hawarden. It was a great treat, and makes me feel I've moved into a different world, where there is nothing for me to do except read, write, and meet inspirational people. Now I'm catching up on e-mails, letters, and more washing than a football team after full time.

Apple

Bit lighter in the evenings, now, but, ooh, it's still winter, I slipped on the frost outside the tower this morning, I were taking some cordial to the castle, King Crispin comes out himself to see what the noise was and helped me up to me paws. I said to him, I were just about to take some cordial to the tower for the family, there's nothing so good as my cordial for keeping coughs and colds away.* He was very pleasant, took a bottle of cordial, invited me into the tower. I weren't 'urt, but I said to him, the main thing is, the bottle didn't get broken. Yes, he said, that would have been a terrible ting, and he gives it to a mole maid and tells her to put it in a safe place. What a good king.

* Keeps everyone away - Lugg

No comments: