Friday 30 April 2010

oh, and that hamster

My name is Hamilton, my new book Ahoy There Hammy the Wonder Hamster is published in May it's by Poppy Harris who is really Margi, it's all about when I went on the beach please read all my stories I have such a exciting life oh whoops I think I'm about to fall off the compu...........

He's all right, just a bit over-excited. Too many sunflower seeds. Bethany is taking good care of him.

I had a working break this week, which meant two days at st deiniol's research library. Lots of reading and writing got done, and there was still time for long walks in the woods - huge trees with grainy, twisty roots, fallen tree giants, a ruined castle, hanging white blossom, butterflies, violets, anemones, finches, and such happy dogs! I met a little spaniel so like the late lamented Daniel that she made my heart turn over. She even put her paws up to me.

There have been lots of contacts from Mistmantle readers lately, many of them asking why I write about animals. It's hard to say exactly, but somehow it's so much more liberating than writing about people.

No comments: