Sunday 20 September 2009

news from the island

The latest release date for Rage Tide is 20 July. And it's nearly October, so July is coming. If you like Mistmantle, order it, get your families, friends, schools and libraries to order it. Review it on websites and anywhere else you can get a review in, tell everyone about it, read it to your budgie, if you have a hedgehog in your garden call it Thripple, or Needle, or anything else Mistmantley. Tell your parents you're a red squirrel.

..or an otter!

I haven't introduced you yet.

...everyone knows who I am!

Eat a fish. Now, a reader reminded me recently that we haven't heard from Fingal on the blog, so...

HELLO, BEYOND THE MISTS! Blog? No problem, any time! By the way, what's a blog? What, just talk about me and what I think and what I'm doing? Like I always do? Bring it on!

I'm not allowed to say anything about the big events on the island because What's-her-whiskers does that in her stories. Anyway, I'm sure you can guess that a rage tide means a lot more than getting your paws wet (and what's the matter with that?)

The sea is swarming with fish just now. You can dry them and keep them for the winter, but fresh is much better. Now, we've got a fair number of little otters on the island just now. A few weeks ago this beach looked like Mother Huggen's nursery, if you didn't watch your paws you'd step on a baby. The sooner they learn to swim the better, and there's nothing like a glut of fish to get the little ones working out what otters do best - eating fish and splashing about. (That's what I do best, anyway.) Baby otters are chubby to begin with, and now they've learned to fish they're like a lot of little furry footballs, all lying beached on the sand holding their stomachs and burping like frogs.

The rest of us take turns to patrol for watersnakes. I did for a massive one yesterday, but not as big as the one Arran sorted the day before. She's in the lead in the watersnake challenge.

Longpaw has just arrived and told me that Captain Padra requests my presence. Bless them, they can't run the island without me. Take care, and if you want a watersnake settling or a blog blogging, remember, I'm your otter.

2 comments:

Lexell Cassini said...

Hello! c:

Im from Mexico and I read the first book fron Mistmantle Chronicles a few hours ago in the library of the university... where I was supposed to make my homework (I'm doing it now, don't worry). So I really liked it, it's very easy to read, the characters are lovable and the story very strong (with anything broken/misunderstandig). I loved Padra awww!
Well there, thanks for give me some hours for joy.
Love from Mexico

margaret mcallister said...

Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you like the rest of the series

Margi