Tuesday 25 November 2008

northumberland

For a few too short days, I have been back where I belong. I've been past the house where I first saw Crispin (or Yo-yo, as he was then) running up and down the beech tree. I've got down on my knees at the church that inspired 'A Friend for Rachel', otherwise known as 'The Secret Mice', my first published book. I've filled up with wide Northumbrian skies, and heard the accent that immediately makes me feel welcome. Most of all, I've enjoyed the company and hospitality of very special friends.

I've visited some lovely places in my life, many of which I've loved and want to go back to. Breathtaking, beautiful places. But if God made anywhere better than Northumberland, he's keeping it to himself.

1 comment:

James said...

if you were talking about Northumbria, which I think in ancient times included the bits of Yorkshire I love as well then I'd agree with you.
James