Thursday 28 April 2016

Sing!

Time for a happy post!

I have one husband, one daughter, and two sons. The kids are all over thirty, married and mortgaged, but the other one's still around. Family life means that over the years you do a lot of washing, and especially, you wash knickers. I was thinking of this as I sorted the washing the other day, and I found myself singing. Any tune will do.

Oh, the knickers are excited and the drawers are all delighted
Cos it's happy happy knicker washing day,
Sort the briefs from handkerchiefs, sort the boxers from the sockses,
And we'll have a lovely knicker washing day.

It's the day for happy panties, ask your aunties for their scanties,
It's the day they all go in the tub to play,
And if the weather's fine they can all go on the line
And the pants can dance on knicker washing day!

Oh, vicars' knickers!
Baby boomers' bloomers!
Granny Tilly's frillies, come along!
If you're pants with old elastic
We still think that you're fantastic,
Come and dance and play and sing the washing song,

Add detergent and press'on'.

Repeat first verse.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey. Soooo I'm frustrated because I can't commit on your blog post because they don't show up correctly on a ligament computer and or my Samsung tablet. I FINALY GOT TO A COMPUTER WHERE THE PAGE SHOWS UP CORRECTLY AND NOT JUST A WHHITE PAGE WHEN I TRY TO COMMIT.......You can understand my frustration.....

You've received my email right? I'm guessing that you haven't replied because your busy....Anyways....

Life is good. :)

Unknown said...

You should do a post about writing or Mistmantle. Maby post something creative.

I dare you to write a poem... i'll do it with you...I'm trying a new style of writing with my story that I'm writing now. (you know the 'in verse' format)

Promote your books on here. Review books...I don't know...

Honistly, I really, really, really, really ( a million reallys) miss you talking about Mistmantle and anything writing related. I can understand if you don't want to talk about it because it's your job. But still. I enjoy it when you talk about writing related things.

umm, can you email me becucse I wound like to talk with you about something important...I'm just having a hard time with...you know...