Tuesday 8 March 2016

Bother

This will be a short post because of what happened on Sunday. Nothing alarming. I may have to leave the typos in.

When you attend a very old church with stone pillars and flagstones, you have to remember that they were there long before you and they don't get out of the way quickly. So on Sunday morning, when I was helping to set up Mothering Sunday stuff and I caught my foot on a pillar, there was no way but down. That's the law of gravity for you. There wasn't much room between the pillar and the nearest item of furniture, so I couldn't fall sideways, I went down like a tree.

It was the knee that hurt most at first, but the right hand that ended up being checked out in hospital. Nothing broken, just a bit knocked about so I am wearing a support bandage and typing little and slowly. This is frustrating when you make your living the way I do. The bandage is conspicuous, so people express concern - but they haven't seen my right knee, which makes the Aurora Borealis look like a squashed grape. Carrying things and getting tops off bottles is difficult, which is a problem when you live on coffee and tonic water.

However, it is getting better, and I'm about to send a card to A and E at our local hospital who saw me promptly on Sunday afternoon. One more gold star for the NHS.


2 comments:

The Command 'Fire' Four Times said...

I wish you a speedy recovery, Margi!

margaret mcallister said...

Thank you, it's slowly improving!