Tuesday 8 October 2013

Let's

Let's make a difference.

Let's buy the fair trade coffee, chocolate or fruit, not just the cheapest.

Let's hold the door for someone.

Let's help the young mother get the buggy up the stairs in the shop.

Let's make someone laugh.

Let's plant winter pansies where somebody will see them.

Let's throw the washing up water on the garden, go round the house switching off lights we don't need, and put on a sweater to delay turning the fire on for another half hour.

Let's say 'well done' to somebody who needs it.

Let's send a card to somebody who could do with a hug by post.

Let's give thanks.

Let's think 'who needs me to love them this week?'

Let's recommend a good book to someone.

Let's do it today.







5 comments:

Clara said...

Such an encouraging post! Thank you.

Just wondering, have you read anything by Elizabeth Goudge? I really love her books. "Blue Hills" and "The Little White Horse" are two of my favorites that she has written, and they remind me very much of your books! Not that they are about valiant squirrels, hedgehogs, moles, and otters, but The Little White Horse in particular is just as whimsical as your books. There! I just recommended a book to someone! Now I have to check off the rest of the list...

margaret mcallister said...

This is astonishing! I am reading an Elizabeth Goudge book just now! It's The Herb of Grace, the second of the Damerosehay novels. I haven't come across Blue Hills, but will look out for it.

She is one of my favourite authors. The Dean's Watch is one of the most perfect things I've ever read. I don't often re-read books because there are so many more to be read, but I go back and back to that one.

Clara said...

I haven't heard of the Damerosehay novels! I'll be sure to check them out...she is one of my favorite authors as well, and I just love the way she writes. Her books always make me so happy. I hope you find Blue Hills, because I think you would enjoy it!

margaret mcallister said...

The first Damerosehay book is 'The Bird in The Tree'. The last, which I haven't read, is 'The Heart of The Family'. 'Towers in the Mist' is another favourite, too.

Elinor said...

I had The Little White Horse when I was little. I saw it on the bookshelves in the attic when I was clearing out, but I can't remember what happened to it. Think it may have come to Cardiff and been passed on to a child to read.