Friday 25 January 2013

snow bears


It has snowed steadily for five hours. On the garden it is thick and smooth, but it settled unevenly on the holly hedge, falling and gathering into mounds. It looks as if a snow bear is trying to climb over beside the gate, and another two have fallen asleep on the top. Captain Padra now has a robe, and five inches of snow have covered his circlet.

The road outside is roughed up with white, the way my mum used to do the icing on the Christmas cake. Two hours ago, when I was looking down from the bedroom window, two people came past with a dog, something of the collie sort. Oh, it's good to see a dog as happy as that. I've got my people! I've got snow! I've got a stick! Oh, wow, life is so good! Look at this - if it's downloaded OK - Tony took it about half an hour ago in the back garden.

No comments: