Wednesday 23 January 2013

Crispin

What a joy to be on the island today! On a day like this the young moles and squirrels love a good snowball fight. Squirrels are very sharp at dodging behind tree trunks, and a young mole can pop up from the ground and vanish again before you can say 'Duck!'

Otters and hedgehogs can take it or leave it. They're not so quick at getting out of the way. The little hedgehogs are rolling in snowdrifts and saying, 'look at me, I'm a snow hog!'. Padra's family are building snow otters, Swanfeather made a slide and Fingal's started on an igloo. (I know somebody who might be able to help him with that.) Catkin tried to organise a a snowball fight with the tower animals but without much success, because Oakleaf took a stack of ammunition up to the Gathering Chamber and pelted her from a safe distance. Not safe for long, my son.

So I informed my family that the Gathering Chamber was out of bounds, dragged Urchin away from whatever he was doing, and did a quick patrol of Anenome Wood. The littlies had discovered that they were tired and cold and very wet and snow wan't fun any more, so we got a fire going in a burrow and rustled up some hot drinks. We were just about to round them all up and usher them in when Apple apperaed with an enormous bottle and a big smile, and you've never seen squirrels move so fast in your life. In fact, afer half a second you couldn't see a squirrel at all.

Urchin sent Apple off on a mission of mercy somewhere else, and we all sat and had a hot cordials and stories party round the fire. Worth getting cold and wet for.

8 comments:

Nels said...

Ooo I'll help Fingal with that! Snow otter sounds like a great idea, I made a dragon last week, maybe I'll try for an otter this week :)

Unknown said...

Awsome! Hello Mistmantle animals!! Glad your having fun in the snow, unlike me. Why? We don't have snow. However, I 'm glad that you made snow otters ( I'd make a snow otter.)

I will invent an mistmant drink, or cordial.

JonnyK44 said...

There WAS a time when Urchin feared a snowfall. I'm glad he's able to enjoy them now. I will share with my class tomorrow that the Mistmantle animals are playing in the snow (We were expecting a large Friday snowfall, but it has since fizzled and we will only get a dusting.)

margaret mcallister said...

Nels, regards to your snow dragon. Sam, don't ask Apple for the recipe, whatever you do. Jonny, we appear to have your snow - sorry about that :)

Nels said...

I just emailed you the pictures of the snow otters, hope you can get them open :) they were really fun to make

Unknown said...

Nels,Margaret, I have just realized something. I have just realized that intellagents is just a number, theirfor, school is just a number. This number basically tells how smart you are. This number determines if you pass or fail. Numbers are used to see how smart you are. If your not smart collages don't want you, society only want's smart people.

I have only one word. Fail. I have failed.

Intellagents, just a stupid number.

Unknown said...

This doesn't happen really. But i'm going to say it, for a few moments in my life I hate my eyes.

It's sort of upsetting and frustrating. It just dawned on me a few days ago when I was paying for the meal that my mother and I got. I nearly felt like crying ( also because of my scores). I hate how thing like light, the darkness of ink, faunt even, effect how I see things. The world does not understand, mother doesn't quiet understand ( even though that she sometimes claims that she knows, even though she doesn't because she's not me and she does not have my viewpoint nor eyes to understand.)

I hate committing on your blog only because I have in enter these stupid messed up words, well, it's annoying and frustrating and I can't see them, either.

All school's care about is numbers, that's all we really are, number's, number's that make our break our future, or destiny.

All we are is numbers, yet, we get tested.

margaret mcallister said...

Sam, the people who matter will judge you by your personality, not some number on a page.