Sunday 24 June 2012

Spinning Stories

Hebden Bridge Arts Festival is about to get underway!  Now, if you live in the UK you have probably been watching news reports of Hebden Bridge under several feet of water because the river burst its banks.   But that is a tough Pennine community, and the festival will go ahead.

So, if you find yourself anywhere within reach, please come and see me!  On Sunday 1 July I will be doing 'Spinning Stories', an afternoon of story-telling from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm in Hebden Bridge Library as part of the Festival Fringe.  There will be 45 minutes for children up to seven and their parents, then an hour for older children and adults.  All dynamic, thrilling stuff.   £2.00 for adults, free for children, tickets from the box office or you might be able to pay on the door.  If you know anybody else who might like to come, please don't keep it to yourselves - tell them to get themselves along and enjoy a day out.  For anything more about the Festival, put Hebden Bridge Arts Festival into a search engine and see what it tells you.  

Did I ever tell you, I'm a member of the Society for Storytelling?  I'm very happy that such a thing exists.

Now, the important work of definitions.  I just came up with 'investments' - how the vicar dresses on Sundays, and Helen sent 'mushroom' - a place where you read sad stories and cry.  But she also sent one so brilliant that I'm not going to tell you how she defined it.  I want to see if anybody else thinks the same way.

Mantelpiece.

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Goodness...sometimes I believe that I live on the wrong continent!

San said...

I feel the same as Kaitlin! Good luck with your storytelling day, Margi, and enjoy!

margaret mcallister said...

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!