Friday 17 September 2010

oh, what a shower

Sorry I've neglected you. My back, which was improving, suddenly got a lot worse. This was very frustrating, just when I was looking forward to being normal again. Now I do everything very slowly and can't sit at a computer for long, so the blog has suffered.

I could have asked someone from Mistmantle to help, but autumn is a very busy time on the island and I don't like to bother them. Hamilton hamster is busy inventing a hamster-friendly bicycle and Much - well, I now have a gardener and if Much starts off on this subject I'll never shut him up.

Before I was crocked I was looking for a new raincoat, a mac to replace the wee showerproof jacket I've had for at least ten years. Can anyone tell me why macs usually tie around the middle? It might look very elegant on a leggy model, but I'm five foot three and anything that ties round the middle makes me look like something in a field with straw hair and a post holding me up. All I want is a longish swingy coat with a hood, a subtle colour, and a reasonable price tag.

In the meantime, I'll go out in the rain in my old jacket. Hang on, there's this post down the back...

No comments: