Monday 8 December 2008

Hope helps

Staggering out of a migraine today. Hope the Hedgehog has very kindly offered to help with my blog. He says he'll tell me what to say. He obviously thinks it's just a kind of story-telling, because Mistmantle animals don't write and have no concept at all of communicating by anything more complicated than a captain's token. But Hope, being Hope, can't see me typing. He can hear the click of the keys and supposes I must be knitting. Don't try to enlighten him.

Margi of the House of Stories is much better since I made her a hot blackcurrant and put Apple's cordial in a safe place where nobody would find it unless anything lives in the drains. I'll have to persuade her to eat an apple (they're lovely apples, I've had one) before I tuck her up in her nest. The food here is very nice. It's a bit late for slugs, but the worms here are delicious and plenty of them. Last week the holly tree was covered in red berries, and now there's hardly any left because the birds were so hungry. (I don't eat holly berries, but they sometimes get stck on my prickles.) And we're starting to have those little spiced lebkuchen in the evenings. I hope Crackle knows how to make them at the tower.

Is it getting late? It smells like a frosty night. I'd better tell her to stop knitting now and go to her nest.

Goodnight.

No comments: