Wednesday 18 July 2012

No!

The House of Stories became the House of Catastrophe this week. No, this is not Helen's previous definition of catastrophe, it's a technological melt down. New book already to go to publisher on Monday. Printer dies. Tony's computer siezes up and goes into coma. Computer in intensive care. Printer put to one side so kids at after school club can enjoy taking it apart and finding out what doesn't make it tick. Hammers will be provided. Book pinged off electronically to publisher via memory stick and laptop. Make notes re latest set of proofs, also to be sent by lap top and memory stick. Forget where I put memory stick. Blog via laptop. Cough violently. (Violently - by way of lentils) Before anything else can go wrong, goodnight.

5 comments:

sciencefreak12 said...

I feel so bad for you. That must be hard

Kaitlin said...

Oh, gracious! I know what it feels like to have technology suddenly turn against you--but I've never experienced its spleen in those more-delicate circumstances!

Lately, when I say "my gracious" aloud, it wants to come out as "migrations," which made me think of you and the many running games!

Clara said...

Mrs. McCallister, I cannot tell you how much I love your timeless books! I've looked to see if you had a blog before, but I just found it now! Your books have been with me through thick and thin, and have brought so much joy...even my mom and oldest sister LOVE your books, and they are my altime favourite. Ever. They even beat The Lord of the Rings, and The Chronicles of Narnia! I am probably your biggest fan! Thank you for such AMAZING books!

Kaitlin said...

Lintel: a legume with particles of fabric stuck on

Hope your day is blessed!

margaret mcallister said...

Science freak - don't worry, so long as my family are all in working order, I'm not so worried about the technology!

Kaitlin - it does it on purpose! Mum used to say 'my gracious me!' As a small child I didn't know what 'gracious' meant, but I knew it normally only applied to the Queen!

Lintel - brilliant

Clara - I'm so glad you've found the House of Stories at last! I feel very honoured and grateful for what you write about the Mistmantle books, and I'm very glad to know that they mean that much to you. You made my day!