Friday 13 January 2017

Mistmantle

What do you think?

I'm always getting lovely e-mails from readers, usually but not always in the US, who want to read Urchin and the Rage Tide but can't get a copy unless they pay far too much on the second-hand market. I usually suggest that they contact Hyperion, the US publisher, because if enough people do that they might just bring out another print run. Perhaps Mistmantle is due for a revival. Any thoughts? Ask your friends. Ask your teachers.

Meanwhile, we finally have snow! Not a lot, but a covering, so the Mistmantle animals are all playing snowballs in the garden. Hope is rather at a disadvantage because he can't see the snowballs coming at him, so Myrtle suggested that the rest of them should be blindfolded to make it fair. All my scarves are in use. The trouble with blindfold snowball fights - I mean, one of the troubles with blindfold snowball fights - is that not only you can't see the snowballs, you can't see anything else either. Hedgehogs have landed in the mint, the mud, the rockery, and if we had a pond they'd have fallen into that, too. I am standing in front of the holly, just in case. How a blindfolded otter gets up a tree is beyond me but Fingal is up there in the branches hurling down snowballs while shouting 'For the honour of the Circle!'. Don't try this at home. They don't mind getting wet and cold, but I suspect they'll be glad to be back in the tower with hot cordials. Even Much is grinning.

Ouch! Fingal, I'll get you back.

3 comments:

otming said...

I was finally able to buy Rage Tide for a decent price--under $20US--in an accidental, roundabout way. It was 35 miles from my house, but I could buy it for the decent price only if I bought it through a Canadian website and only if I entered that website through another website. Except that I think the Heart has more important things to care for than my bookshelves, I would say it was miraculous.

I wholly support reprinting Rage Tide and all of the Mistmantle books. I love them.Their underlying message of care for each other is so needed now.

Unknown said...

I agree. It was sooo sad when B&N stoped putting Mistmantle on their shelevs. I don't know why they did it. They are wonderfull books. Does it have somthing to do with the publishers?

margaret mcallister said...

Thank you. Keep telling the publishers! They may republish if they realise that there's a demand for the books. B and N will stock them if they know they'll sell. otming, I'm so glad that you were able to get Rage Tide at a decent price. I don't like the inflated prices on the second hand market. I wrote a story, not a commodity.