Friday 5 August 2016

Help!

Double Book launch today. Have just waved goodbye to The Hobbits, who have stayed for a few days. Sunshines and Cahooties arriving tonight (woohoo!) Various members of the family crocked. Daughter's car isn't too good, either. I have yet to buy drinks and nibbles for the launch, or prepare A-boards. Last night's washing is still in the machine. I'm greatly looking forward to cutting the grass. The garden is so wild it's ready to run away and hide up its own tree.

My brother-in-law has a T-shirt for occasions like this. It says - 'I can only please one person a day. This isn't your day. (Tomorrow isn't looking too good, either.)' However, we multi-taskers know that this is not the answer. Neither is 'I'm out' 'Beware of the Garden Gnome' or 'more coffee'. The question is the one Claire asks, and has taught me to ask, and it works. It really works. The question is -

'who needs me to love them today?'

4 comments:

The Command 'Fire' Four Times said...

Ha! The "can only please one person a day" slogan is framed in one of the local diners.

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goddness. I JUST DECIDED TO GO ON MY PHONE TO YOUR WEBSITE....AND NOW I CAN COMMET!!!!!!!!!! Do you understand the sheer amount of happiness that is flowing from me right now? Do you? I have wanted to comment for eons, but I couldn't.

Unknown said...

The 'I can only please one person a day is somewhat true.' I my opinion, like, you could throw a pary and please a bunch of people....:)

margaret mcallister said...

Hi, Command Fire - I thought that to work in a diner you have to please everyone at once, even the ones who haven't come in yet.

Hi Sam, good news about that! I did just what you said and threw a party - my Book Launch and Birthday thing. It made lots of people happy, including me.