Wednesday 17 September 2014

Frog

Much has been making remarks about having a pond, or at least getting the water feature sorted. I suppose, after all those years by a river, he misses the sound of running water. Mr Next Door turning the hose on the roses doesn't quite cut it. And you never know - we might even get frogs.

I forget why we were talking about frogs at Toddlers this morning, but we all agreed on how cute they are. I may have told you about the Halloween when a lot of girls in witch costumes arrived with one very little brother dressed as a frog. There he was, holding his sister's hand on the doorstep, looking up at me. Froggily. I melted. I wanted to tell them, 'take all the sweets you like, just leave me the frog'. Frogs are ugly and cute at the same time, like me.

One of the songs on the playlist at the wedding was 'Rupert and the Frog Song'. Do you know it? Suddenly everyone was smiling and swaying and singing it, and I was remembering when LYS was born and that song seemed to be on all the time. It was always on the TV in the ward, and it was such a happy, warm, innocent song for a ward full of little babies. Some people find it irritating. I completely love it. Give it a Google. It's on YouTube - the version I found, it was about six minutes into a thirteen minute film. Frogful of happiness.

Go on, then!

No comments: