Tuesday 18 December 2012

seasonal

Christmas is coming at me from all directions. On Saturday I was doing a storytelling performance as part of a village Christmas celebration. I had so much fun as the Christmas Fairy that this time I dressed up as Queen Christmas - red ballgown, green and red sparkly thing on my head - and held court. Three story sessions and a carol sing later, I was as happy as a spaniel puppy, and that's the happiest thing I know.

The tree is decorated and shining, and today I squelched round the garden cutting holly. There I was, with arms full of green shiny prickly branches and a robin hopped down and pottered about on the doorstep. You could have put us straight on to a Christmas card.

I was just having a word with the robin when the window cleaner arrived, but the window cleaner is a lovely guy who isn't at all phased by people who talk to robins. And I cut some extra holly so he could take some home, so everybody's happy. And scratched, probably.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas!

Hey, go on the internet and type in koop.org. Go on it at Monday at 2:00 and go to " the common thread" lisen to it online! Who do you hear?

Unknown said...

And no, I never asked to do any of this. Stay tuned for the interview too.

margaret mcallister said...

Wow, Sam, this sounds exciting!

Unknown said...

Save the date!

Unknown said...

Ok, never mind, it's next Monday at 2:00. Apparentalty, one my friends ( the one that read the weather forecast ) was on. I must be next week. OK, so save the date for next week.