Sunday 19 August 2012

Much

For them of you as 'asn't met me, I'm the stone gnome what lives in 'er garden. Strictly speaking it ain't 'er garden at all, it belongs to the church wot 'e works for, and I was 'ere riding me snail along the rockery for years before they turned up.

'Er asn't been round a lot this summer. The rain 'as been tipping down something shocking and 'er's always off places, visiting 'er folks, off to Anglesey, doing work stuff, blimey, some folk never stay in one place. With the weather being so rotten and nobody to talk to, me and me old snail have just dozed most of the summer. There weren't nothing worth waking up for.

Then all of a sudden this morning, there's a very small person running down the garden with a pot of bubbly stuff in her fist. Blimey, I thought, you don't get many humans that size. 'Er ladyship brought her along the rockery to be introduced to me, as is only right and proper, me being an ancient edifice around 'ere, and little Lucy was suitably impressed. She admired me snail, and another real live one what had crawled up his shell without me noticing. Even blew some bubbles for me. Sensible little girl, that Lucy, knows how to show respect to an old chap.

Then, because Lucy couldn't see me face very well (and I am a fellow worth looking at, though I say it meself), 'er ladyship picked me up to turn me round. 'I'd forgotten how heavy you were, Much,' says 'er. It's all right or 'er, she ain't made of granite. She tried again, still couldn't get me turned round. That's when she saw that we've been sat 'ere so long, there's a cotoneaster growing over me snail.

Better get down here with the clippers, missus, before I gets all overgrown like the Sleeping Blooming Beauty.

5 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Dear, dear Much--always and ever makes my day!

Clara said...

Well, Much, I am so glad you decided to introduce yourself to the newcomers on this blog! I do hope to hear more from you in the future!

sciencefreak12 said...

Please pry for Heather because she went to the hopital today with somthing wrong with her head!!:/ hope she getts better. Idk whats wrong with her yet


I'm kinda happy that it's her and not me just because all the medical test.


Just so you know i'm not being drmatic when i saw that i don't like hospitals, eye doctors ect

Which is kinda strang because i don't  like doctors but i find all the md stuff interusting because of science

Ok, i found out that she had a conncusion.

margaret mcallister said...

Well, someone 'as to write the blog and 'er's never 'ere these days


Hope she's OK, scifreak 12

sciencefreak12 said...

she's ok, omg I love school for the blind in austin!!!! my teachers are cool and i've made some cool friends. Everyone is so nice to eachother

Go Wildcats!! i've also got a job in the school with makeing coffee in a coffiee shop and an embording job to. ( i'll seed you and email about it) we earn monny too, i never sighen up for anything too