Sunday 15 April 2012

sulks

I'll tell you more about Anglesey soon, but just now I'm cross because the computer has the sulks. Not Cottontail, not my own little laptop Cottontail, who can be a bit slow but generally behaves. No, this one is the one Tony uses, and is big enough and old enough to know better. Just now she won't do anything the first time she's told, apart from sending e-mails. If I try to find a site, she tells me

- Can't contact the server

- Yes you can. Let's try again.

- Oh, if you must.

- That's better. Now let's go to this link

- can't contact the server

- we'll do that again, shall we?

- still can't contact the server

- All right, let's show the horse the jump from another direction. I'll google it for you

- I won't like it

- You weren't asked. That's better. Now we'll do the blog.

- Can't contact the server

- I don't think you heard me. This is my blog, as in my site. I pay for this site.

- I don't care if the Queen pays for it, I still can't contact - oh, there it is.

- Now all I have to do is sign in.

- Can't contact the server.

- I think I should tell all the people who read the blog about the wonderful new computers you can get these days. Brand new models, and very reasonably priced, too. They're faster than the speed of light and they know what you need before you've sat down. They order your breakfast online and have it delivered to your house. They book your holiday for you and surprise you with flowers in your room. They answer questions you haven't asked yet. Tony's thinking of getting one.

PAUSE

- can it contact the server?

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so glad you got the blog out. It is always a bright spot in my day. I have a printer that always needs ink or is always asking if I want to cancel the print. Now why would I want to cancel the print, if I just commanded it to print??? (Sigh)

margaret mcallister said...

My mobile phone does that, too. It never believes me if I tell it to delete a message. Do you want to delete? Are you sure? Quite sure? Maybe you'd like to go away, sleep on it, talk it over with the family, get back to me?