Monday 10 October 2011

Margi with a g

After another weekend of people calling me Marji, please, let me explain. I'm not being growly or gruffy about this, I just want to make it clear as glass.

It's Margi with a hard 'g', as in grey, or gray, Margot, cargo, embargo, egg, beg, or peg leg Meg. It's Margi like Maggie or Scraggie old Aggie.

My name is NOT NOT NOT Marji, which makes me sound like a cheap alternative to butter. If I were Marji, then a zigzag would be zijzaj and a rag bag would be a rajbaj. You'd play jolf on a jolf course or jo to see a jame of rujby. Jorillas would live in the gunjle, horses would jallop along the jround and gump over jates, and all would be hijjledy pijjledy. So if you call me Marji I will be very anjry. Jot it?

Golly jood!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Thank you for the laugh, Mrs. McAllister--I can sympathize with your frustration! I'm unfortunate enough to be "'Kaitlin,' with a 'K,' not a 'C,' and an 'i,' not a 'y.'" : )

Deborah said...

Too funny, Margi with a g!

margaret mcallister said...

Lots of good things start with a k - think of k as in kites, kilts, koalas, and kangaroos! My mother is Shiela, not Sheila, and insists that her spelling is right and everybody else's is wrong!