Saturday 14 August 2010

Anybody got any mendingmoss?

GNOME
Never seen anything like it in all my stone-gnome life! I mean, 'e's been 'obblin' for weeks with 'is bad knee. Now 'er's proper crocked, by the look of it! Done 'er back, 'er said - pickin' up some box or other, an' it wasn't such an 'eavy one. Twang! Couldn't stand up straight. So there they were, 'im proppin' 'er up and 'er 'elpin' 'im to walk, staggerin' out to drive to the 'ospital. Them X-ray thingies must be somethin' special. They came back, went inside, an' I could 'ear 'em laughin' like anythin'. Odd lot, them indoors. Think I'll stay out 'ere in the garden.

HAIRY BLOKE
That gnome does exaggerate - my knee is nothing like as bad as it was. Which is more than can be said for Margi's back. It's very sore, and she can only move a little bit at a time, and needs someone to hang on to if she wants to get anywhere. The X-rays showed no real damage, and the doctor said she should feel better in a few days. I hope so - it took almost as long to get her in and out of the car as it did to drive all the way to the hospital!

We did laugh a lot last night. Younger son has his lovely lassie to stay, and it's always fun when they're here. We watched a lovely DVD called 'Stardust' - worth seeing if you can get it, it's a sort of fairy-story with a lot of clever ideas and fun bits. We went to bed happy. Stiff and sore, but happy.

So now the Lovely Lady is laid low. I couldn't find any mendingmoss, but I've just taken her a cup of tea. Judging by the smile, that helps a lot.

1 comment:

RubbishGeek said...

Stardust is fantastic!
I especially like the ghosts :)