Sunday 6 September 2015

Secret

Alnmouth. One of the best kept secrets in the north of England. I was telling you about it a week or so ago, and it's unfair not to let you see it. If you like Mistmantle you might recognise parts of it.



The Society of St Francis have this house. Many years ago, when we lived a few miles from Alnmouth, I used to go there a lot. From here you can see the windows of the Gathering Chamber.



And if you were a small animal, wouldn't you want to play here?

Now you know why I love it so much. But in case you're getting carried away, the pictures tell you nothing about the wind off the North Sea, only it isn't north, it's east. Just take my word for it, OK?

2 comments:

Rina said...

So happy that this blog is still green and blooming. With all the flustered-ness of the world (and 15 credit hours of classes for me) I like to get some glad news - and Mistmantle news!
Also, I'm starting up a list of places to see when I get to visit England again. I'll try to insist on getting Alnmouth on the itinerary...

margaret mcallister said...

Hi Rina, how are you? Oh, yes, come to England, and come to the north! Urchin salutes you!