Tuesday 5 November 2013

Ahem

Ahem. said Hamilton Bear, as if I had forgotten something important. Ahem.

Of course I hadn't forgotten, it had just slipped my mind for a little while. But when LYS and The Lassie were staying with us this weekend we talked a lot about weddings. We discussed colours for bridesmaids dresses, flowers, and table stationery, all of that, but we didn't discuss Hamilton's Waistcoat. There are two weddings next year, and Hamilton will need a new waistcoat for each of them. 'Ahem' in this case, meant 'Ahem, you haven't talked about what I'm going to be wearing'.

For The Sunshines' wedding he wore a very fetching deep red and gold waistcoat with gold lining, so whatever comes next has to be just as impressive. It also has to go with his red and green bow tie, which is a fixture. I did suggest snipping it off, but LYS wouldn't let me. Sunshine yellow might be nice, or midnight blue with stars on. At the wedding of Daughter and Her Chap he will be a page bear, so it's most important that he tones in with the bridesmaids. Should he have a flower in his buttonhole? I don't know much about wedding protocol for bears. I could ask my old Teddy, who was married to one of my dolls many years ago, but it wasn't a dignified occasion and I suspect he doesn't want to be reminded of it. If anybody knows about the etiquette of bears at weddings, do please let me know. That most famous of bears, Paddington, was once an usher at a wedding. He 'ushed everyone, and gave them hard stares.

Clara, who often comments on this blog, suggested that Much might like to gather his old chums around at The Old House of Stories. This sounds good to me. A Gnome Home for Grumpy Old Yorkshire Garden Furniture. I will keep you informed.

2 comments:

Clara said...

Ooh, the midnight blue waistcoat sounds lovely! Or even a chocolate brown one might be nice. But that depends on the bridesmaid dresses. Don't want Hamilton to clash with the rest of the party!

I can't wait to know more about the Gnome Home; I'm so glad you liked the idea:)

margaret mcallister said...

Hamilton is seriously considering blue, which I think will suit him. Much is mulling over the Gnome Home. I'll keep you informed. I was a bit concerned that he'd get lonely without us, so this could be a good call.