Thursday 29 November 2012

terribly, terribly

I am terribly, terribly ill.

My head aches. And this isn't a headache that can be chased away with a migraine pill, so I'll just have to suffer. Whatever I took first thing this morning wasn't much use. I probably have a brain tumour in there. Certainly I feel dizzy when I stand up. I might faint, fall downstairs, and sustain a critical head injury the way they do on television.

I am coughing. That's dangerous for authors, you now, especially around here. The Bronte sisters lived not far away, and what happened to them? They all coughed their way into early graves, that's what.

My throat hurts. I bravely struggled through toddler group this morning and gasped out a story for them. It may just be a sore throat but it could develop into something serious.

My mother always said that we come from a short-lived family. She's eighty-nine, and still saying it. So, just in case I am on my way out with a previously undiagnosed and untreatable disease, I love you all. Please keep buying the books so my children don't go barefoot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww. Get better soon! Seriously.

Ok, I did some reserch and you don't have the ful. I typed up your symtioms and I got results of illnesses that I know for a fact, that you don't have


However, Heather and I agree that you have a sinus infection. Dizziness upon standing,headache, server sore throat.

I did the reserch part.

Apple wants to send you her cordial. Should I let her?

margaret mcallister said...

Thank you so much for checking my symptoms! You are so kind! And you're probably right, too. I feel much better today.

Please tell Apple that it's very kind of her, but now that it's winter on Mistmantle she will need cordial for the animals and I couldn't possibly let her waste it on me.