Wednesday 9 March 2011

Much

Bloomin' 'eck, she's at it again, and it aint properly spring yet. 'Er and Stephen, that's the gardener, off they went to that gardening place yesterday and come back with a 'ole lot of stuff for planting. Stephen got stuck in (Stephen, mark you, not 'er ladyship) and started planting up a flower border. And they've put some nice stuff in me rockery, that'll look very pretty if the wind and rain don't flatten it and the slugs don't gobble down the lot.

He's put a little yellow primrose just where I can see it, which is thoughtful of 'im. Makes a change from looking at the compost heap.


Thank you, Much. Very Much. One of the things we want to put in is pink sea thrift. I never thought of growing it in a garden, but Stephen suggested it and immediately I remembered walking on the springy turf of Lindisfarne (Holy Island) when I was a little girl, and seeing sea thrift everywhere. And, of course, it has precious Mistmantle connections.

Hm.

2 comments:

Rina said...

Oooh, primroses. I get emotional over primroses now because there was a beloved character named Primrose in a book I read not too long ago. Things did not turn out happily for her. So I feel a bit wistful when I see the primrose flowers now. But they're lovely.

margaret mcallister said...

How sad. Remember it's a story. And primroses are a sign of spring coming, too. m x