Saturday 19 March 2011

bright day

Yesterday was a bright, happy day. The sun shone, which puts everyone in a good mood. There was just time for a quick coffee with Lady Sunshine and a friend while grocery shopping in the morning, followed by an afternoon of piracy and fund-raising with the after-schoolers.

At one point, when I had a mug in my hand, a little boy said to me 'pirates don't drink coffee!' 'How do you know it's coffee?' I asked him, and he didn't have an answer to that.

It wasn't coffee, 'cos there's nothing a pirate likes so much as a nice cup of fair trade tea. It's very tiring, doing all that swashbuckling, shouting orders, and belaying the thingy. I nearly forgot my favourite nautical joke, and remembered it just in time to yell to the mothers - 'avast behind!'

Comic Relief did their big fund-raising tv thing last night and raised a record breaking 74 million, which is fantastic. There will still be money coming in for some time to come, and it all goes straight to where it's needed. Everyone can make a difference.

I missed the beginning of the telly-thon because Lovely Older Son and Lady Sunshine phoned to say they have found a house to rent. I've seen a picture on the net, and I love it. And in a village, too.

Sunny again. Time to plant some things in the garden and give it a watering. And to be thankful.

No comments: