Saturday 5 December 2009

December

I'm late, I know, I haven't blogged a single blog for over a week. That's the trouble with tempus, it fugits. By the way, did you know that the spellchecker on the blog doesn't recognise the word blog? Doesn't that mean it can't spell its own name?

Deadlines have been met and work delivered, and I have been able to do some Christmas shopping at the amazing craft markets in York. I can't tell you too much about what I've bought because certain persons who read this blog don't need to know, but I can tell that I bought a real fire breathing (well, smoke breathing) little dragon, because I'm keeping that for myself.

I had promised myself a little treat, which was coffee at Betty's in York. The queues were out of the door, so I went to Little Betty's in Stonegate instead, where the cafe is over the shop.

The white-pinnied waitress led me through one room and another - that place goes further back than I would have thought possible. And there I was. A medieval room with massive oak beams and a real fire. Betty's coffee, cake, and mulled wine. Oh, happy me.

No comments: