Saturday 1 September 2012

All together now...

Last night we managed to get all the family - that's Tony me, the Sunshines, LYS and the Lassie, Daughter and Daughter's Chap, all around the table together. This is a minor miracle, as it's hard to get everyone in one place and besides, that table's a tight squeeze for eight. If we'd opened the window, the Lassie would have fallen out backwards. There was a lot of laughter, and I wish I'd remembered to propose a toast. The Scottish toast 'Here's tae us! Whae's like us?' would have been good.

Daughter and her Chap have been doing a round of family and friends in the north, and I joined them for a couple of days, staying with my sister. In a summer of devastating rain and wind, her garden looks amazing. Mine doesn't and I should probably be seething with jealousy, but it was such a joy to see all that abundant colour and life.

And her cats approve of me. I know this because Holly Cat brought me a present. I'm glad to say it was dead, poor little shrew, and I hope it died quickly.

Finally - after ten days of family stuff, Greenbelt, and more family stuff - I slept in my own bed last night. Oooooh. Honestly, when I cuddled down under the duvet with a book in my hand I squeaked with happiness. And I'm not telling you what time I got up this morning.

2 comments:

Clara said...

I'm so glad you had a good time with your family!

margaret mcallister said...

I'm exhausted now!