Wednesday 10 November 2010

back to school

Yesterday, while Much sat on his snail and told the gardener how to do his gardening, I went out to do a school visit. I arrived at last, after getting lost twice and nearly being blown away like Mary Poppins by the scouring wind howling round the town. Two classes of delightful children asked me questions about writing, and how to make stories. and - what everyone asks - where the ideas come from. Great kids, lovely school.

I had few odds and ends to do in town after that. I finally got home later than I'd meant to, tired, wet, and cold.

And what was waiting for me on the doormat?

Not Much, and certainly not the gardener.

Not a squirrel, a hamster, a Viking, a football playing dog, Hawk Jankin, or anyone else from my books.

It was my new passport. And I am looking forward so much to using it.

More soon!

No comments: